INSPIRATION COMES FROM UNEXPECTED PLACES #SPRING2020FASHION #mystylemoodboard

image host
My personal style moodboard I created a look for me - Spring 2020 stylist / styling

I am desperately waiting to get my hands on Collections magazines' Spring 2020 issues (I am old schooled). I can not wait! I keep making my own Spring 2020 personal style moodboards and I keep collecting images related with trends and what is hot right now. I have my eyes and ears on award season. Red carpet looks are inspiring me alot, giving me what looks good and what the best-dressed celebs have in common. I follow new stylist accounts on instagram, which gives me tons of inspiration! I follow, whom celebs work with, for award season not only fashion stylist, bu also makeup artists. As we all know makeup and style is a united Voltran. 

Talking about awards season, what I can not stand is dark colours and winter dark blues and dark burgundy shades. Spring is on the corner and I love fresh pastels and light colours coordinated with pinky, orangey, bronzey makeup looks. Award season makeup is million times better than Kardashian makeups and instagram makeups cause they are more natural looking, fresh, light and sophisticated. I can not stand heavy makeup looks anymore. They are so old fashioned to me. All that heavy dark shades and contours... No thanks!

I have recently been listening to 90s Mariah Carey songs and I remembered the time I had an exact DIY cut and ripped Levis 501 from 90s which I wore in 2000s - when I was stuying in University and I looked so cool wearing that pair and a popular girl from my class approached me and we talked about my future fashion plans and my fashion views. I felt super fashion icon that day. 

I always feel amazing when I dress up. I love styling my own clothes. I always did. And after 20 years, Mariah Carey's Heartbreaker music video look is my spring 2020 personal style inspiration. I did some collages with Mariah Carey's then style. I collected whatever I could find as images and looks. Then I saw her Harpers Bazaar youtube video interview where she talks about her closet and she comes up with the exact same ripped jeans from the music video. She explains it:

In an interview with Vogue, the superstar revealed that she still has the exact pair of jeans that she wore in the 1999 hit Heartbreaker. And not only that, but she basically credits herself wearing said jeans as triggering one of the biggest fashion trends of the '90s.

Mariah revealed to Vogue that she modified the jeans, you know, because midriffs were pretty big business in 1999. “We ripped the top of them", she told Vogue. "I hated the way they were so high-waisted. My friend was like, ‘Yo, where did you get those?!’

I actually did the same thing in 2000, btw I did not know about her music video or the jeans at the time. I did not have internet, neither a laptop. I was a busy university student at the time. I actually got the idea from a backstage picture of a supermodel wearing ripped jeans in Elle Turkey. It was the best style jeans I had after I ripped the top of my Levis 501s. They were loose fit on me as I was like size 34 at that time. I was skinny.

I have not been wearing ripped jeans since 2009. My last ripped pair of jeans were from Pull and bear and they were super distressed and I wore them mostly for clubbing in Istanbul. As they did not fit me anymore when I was doing my Msc in finance, I probably gave them away. Recently I bought an HM pair of jeans to rip off as my DIY project (back to 2000s) and I also bought a pair of Mango ripped jeans. I will be wearing my ripped jeans with 90s mid heel summer sandals and slippers and chunky sneakers. In 2000s I bought a pair of expensive leather stiletto boots in black and wore them under my ripped Levi's jeans. I looked amazing! A-mazing! I wish I had a picture of the moment, but back in time we did not have selfies.

I will live in my Levis ripped jeans this spring 2020. Add my Zara lilac puffer coat because its cold where I live. I might also buy coloured leather biker jacket. Let me inspire me.













Comments