WHAT DO I DO WHEN I NEED STYLING INSPO #BURGUNDYBOOTS DILEMMA

It starts every single time when I order online or buy something new. I am super picky with my choices of buying and I do not buy bulks of things anymore. So, when I buy a piece from the season, I get so excited about it. My brain can not stop thinking of: how to wear it. And in my mind I promise to wear it many times. Cause in the past I had a habit of not wearing the expensive or just beautiful items because they get old quickly if I use them every day. Then I kinda stopped using my designer pieces. Then they became very last season and never been worn. Then it is kinda waste of money right? and sad. In Elle Turkey it was probably (years ago can't remember), there was an article about Turkish celebrities wearing their NEVER BEEN WORN items (BNIB - with a price tag on), captured them wearing those items and did inteview them explaining when, why, how they bought the item and WHY they never wore it. Despite reading that article, I developed this habit of not wearing and continue buying and keeping those pieces like those are my precious things. Hidden gems.

image host 

Then I realized I have bought a lot of beautiful things and I did not wear them. And its a big MISS. I SHOULD HAVE WORN THEM. I started wearing my teddy boots from Zadig Voltaire after like 5 years. I know. Crazy. Last autumn my bff was like I love your boots where did you get them. I just said they are not new and they are from a Parisian brand. I still have 2 pairs of Other Stories booties I have never worn. One pair I bought years ago from Copenhagen when I visited as a tourist, I was living in Istanbul back then. I have not worn my Alexander Wang bang more than once this year. I love it. I can not afford a new Alexander Wang bag probably. Nowadays. But I love it. I might use it again soon. 

I have bought a pair of burgundy booties from Topshop. Those look like Bottega Veneta boots. The IT boots of the season. I got inspo poisoned when I got lost checking influencer styles on instagram. After hours of search, I loathed the styling inspo feed and turned my phone off. That was too much. I even checked old Tom Ford for Gucci runway collections from 90s to find the perfect color combinations. I could not find the YES THAT'S IT! styling. So I gave up. Greens and smokey grays and light grays and yellows and yelow undertones and beiges and off whites and browns and beiges...I was so fed up with my fashion obsessed brain and I was like why did not I bought the black pair? My life could have been easier and I could pair it with everything. EVERYTHING. Just one color. Black. goes with everything. easy. cool. chic.

image host

But no. I did not do that. I love putting myself in hard situations thinking its a challenge for me and I will grow from it. That is not my life motto. That's what I do to torture myself and get deeper and get lost and learn and try harder and ...grow.

Even from burgundy shoe style problem? Yes. It is a big fashion problem. ask to stylists. ask Anna. ask everyone. ask perfectionists. ask Rachel Zoe. 

Let's see how I will wear my new Topshop boots that is the new Bottega style.Maybe I will do it just like Kate Moss. Not overthinking about it and take what comes to my hand in the morning when I check my closet. I like to do it unplanned. Yes I like it that way...

Burcu

Comments