DANISH INFLUENCERS TAKE OVER FASHION WORLD AFTER SWEDISH BLOGGERS BOOM #COPENHAGEN STYLE REPORT

When I started fashion blogging, it was 2006-2007 and I think I am the first fashion blogger from Istanbul, Turkey. If there is an older blog than mine, then I am one of the first fashion bloggers from Turkey. I even contacted Sussi Bubble at that time to add me on her world fashion blogs list on her blog from Istanbul. And she did :) After some time came the street style blogs and Swedish fashion bloggers at that time they were a huge influence. I have read that nearly 40% of Swedish women aged 16-25 run a blog in Sweden, as they are probably older now and age is not a limit - now we have bloggers in every age and I can not limit age. Age is just a number.  There were also some blogs I followed from LA and New York. But the most inspirational and individual style images came from Sweden. I was also in Lookbook.nu and the Swedish girls were oh so stylish. I remember some of them like Caroline Blomst, Elin Kling, Columbine Smille, Carolina from Fashionsquad, and the Swedish models who were so inspiring in model street style edits such as Frida Gustavsson, and recently Elsa Hosk giving the best style vibes on instagram.

    Over the years there had been an impact of emerging Danish designers, Danish brands as well as Danish influencers on instagram. Brands like Ganni, Stine Goya, Helmstedt, Baum und Pferdgarten, Rodebjer etc. to Danish influencers on instagram like josefinehj, Maria Kragmann (please be min veninde), Pernille Teisbaek stormed the fashion world and style inspo. Their instagrams stole the show from street style photography blogs and became a huge inspiration to even celebrity style. There are of course big influencers all around the world and names are constantly changing with the hype, but there is no doubt Copenhagen is a trendsetter capital and growing fashion scene and economy. I live in Denmark and I can say Danish girls have their own style, and micro street style trends only ones can observe living here. I can also say I am not a big fan of influencer style cause to me it's a paid post and it kills the aura and feeling. I like to check out small audiences or no audience at all for fashionistas especially from Paris because that gives me inspiration and I am like ok this is real. Danish influencers write announce/ ads for their paid posts so it gives some honesty. In reality I observed deeply what Danish women are wearing on the street, and on IG. I also buy Danish fashion magazines like Costume, IN, Elle Danmark. There is a lot of information for me to figure out the style DNA. I can easily say this woman is from Denmark when I see them somewhere else, not the language but reading the style DNA. It's also a new generation with a daddy fit style I wanted to ignore for 5 years. Probably celebrities like Hadids and Kendal Jenner, Kylie Jenner, emrata, Hailey Bieber, Elsa Hosk triggered this style. Daddy fit jeans, Daddy fit oversize blazers, oversize hoodies, jogging fit pants, beige/ white/ nude major tones, monochrome white looks, white chunky sneakers, oversize long trench coats... The style aesthetics here are more eternal, artistic, oversize, ugly but cool, basic queen, laid back style with pastel colours or faded colours. They love color and prints too if you check Stine Goya and Helmstedt designs you feel like you are in an eternal surreal world. It is a beautiful escape.

    Why did I ignore this style for 5 years? I worked in a corporate job before and all those blazers and suit sets and classic pants are work clothes for me. I ignored them for my personal style in my 20s as I had an eclectic glam style in my Istanbul life. Those were the days. Every saturday I went on a shopping spree in Nişantaşı. I was visiting my favorite shops like Topshop, Mango, Zara, Bershka, Stradivarius, Mac Cosmetics, Calzedonia etc. I have not seen a place like Istanbul which has huge shopping malls and all the brands one can ever dream all together. Best shopping experience. I was also so influenced by London street style at that time. I was visiting London and shopping from the brands that are British and carrying all those fashion magazines to Istanbul such as Another Magazine, Love magazine, The Gentle women, I-D etc. 


If interested, I even did create Danish street style series mood boards showing the outfits from Danish streets combined in looks.





Burcu







Comments