WHAT TO WEAR IN PANDEMIC SEASON?

 Do you still have a feeling to follow and buy latest trends, latest IT bag, latest boots, must-have coat in season's colour? I kind of did not... Normally every season I do my research and create a style for that season for myself. Inspiration boards, looks, stylings, buy lists, styling as many looks as I can and try to wear them. This fall I am kinda clueless. I did my research with all runway collections, 90s and 2000s icons and looks checked, collected many images for my moodboards and I created like 2 moodboards. Normally I am trend- sensitive due to I live in a Nordic country and as you know Nordic countries follow the latest trends just not to look out of fashion (demode/ outdated/unfashionable).

My fall winter 2020 style is all about black (yes not red season's color). My side colors are still beiges, offwhites, butter yellows, terracottas, browns, but my main color is Black. Why? Because I dress up up to my mood and I feel dark this season. Its very dark inside me and inside my head, inside my heart... I listen to dark songs, I listen to rock bands + grunge bands of 90s and I want to look like a rock star. The designers that inspire me and my looks are: Ann Demeulemeester, Rick Owens, John Galliano Dior Era, and Tom Ford for Gucci in 2000s. Brands I like are: Diesel, Adidas, The Row, Alexander Wang, Prada and Zara. My style inspiration celebrities are Irina Shayk and 90s Gwyneth Paltrow, 90s Winona Ryder. Last summer it was 90s and 2000s Mariah Carey. So I am into 90s minimalistic aesthetics and grunge designers with the darkest colors to faded smoke.

I could not have access to a Zara store because there is no Zara store (or Pull and Bear or Bershka or Stradivarius) in Aarhus and I hope they open one soon. I also hope Zara would expand stores in Aegean part of Turkey cities like Denizli and Aydın...and I think they can expand their Pull and Bear, Bershka, Stradivarius lines around Aegean seaside towns like Kuşadası and Didim. Hej Inditex! Please expand! I checked Mango stores in Kuşadası and in Aarhus and I really liked some items but I haven't shopped anything from new season yet. I also checked stores like Monki, Other Stories, HM... HM has some good stuff. I am into strap knit tops and embellished cardigans and cut out sweaters. All black or beige or white. I have a thing for wool white short skirts. I found some at Gucci online. New season. I am also following British high street brands like TOPSHOP, Dorothy Perkins, New Look... I like DP dresses. I love Topshop dresses. I like Mango knits and Zara basics. I will shop soon. Can't wait. For a dark season. This pandemic season...

Burcu

Comments